Pharmacy technician training programs have grown in numbers since the last decade and have continued to help the industry flourish as more and more individuals continue to pour into the program. This has helped to fulfill the growing demand of the pharmacy technicians in the state. They not only have the certification to be able to work in the field of pharmacy, but also are equipped with necessary skills to help a pharmacy.
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
Jobs in healthcare and social assistance are projected to have the fastest job growth between 2010-2020 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.* In order to address the rapidly growing need for career-ready professionals in many exciting fields, UMA offers associate degrees that can be earned in as few as 15 months.
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
- Partnerships with thousands of companies
- Alliances with many national industry associations
- Personalized career guidance
- Job market research tools to help you explore your career of interest
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Please Call 855-816-4001 to speak to a customer representative.
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
Pharmacy Tech Training Programs and Courses in Maryland
One can do a pharmacy tech training program right after high school. To become a technician one must have completed high school. After that the candidate can acquire job skills either through on job training, internships, or through online course registration. This will help them work in the field of pharmacy including famous pharmaceutical companies like Walgreens or Wal-Mart.
Pharmacy Technician Certification in Maryland
According to the pharmacy board of Maryland, one should pass the national certification exam approved by the Maryland board of pharmacy. One also has to complete 160 hours of training program within 6 months of time period. Certification is must and is required by the national pharmacy technician certification program. The ExCPT is approved by the Maryland board. One must also complete a criminal background check and pass it, before being able to register for the pharmacy technician exam.
Jobs and Schools for Pharmacy Technicians in Maryland
Many schools are there to train students and applicants on pharmacy training. Here are a few schools including
- All-State Career – Allied Health
- TESST College of Technology
- Fortis Institute
- Allegany College of Maryland
- College of Southern Maryland and many other schools
Online schools include
- Allied Schools
- Penn Foster Schools
- Ashworth College
- Stratford Career Institute
More schools in Maryland continue to educate students and give them an education to equip them to be able to work in various pharmaceutical backgrounds.